Let’s face it, everybody loves a full english breakfast, but it’s not the healthiest of meals. Josh, one of our Osteopaths, has a great alternative to a full english that’s healthy, guilt-free but still leaves you with that satisfied feeling!
Benefits of a Healthy Full English Breakfast
This breakfast is high in protein which is essential to help maintain and build muscle mass. It promotes weight loss, by filling you up quickly and helps stabilise blood sugar. Helping to reduce constipation this meal is full of Fibre, helping you matin a healthy bowel and control blood sugar levels. Selenium has been proven in some studies to help maintain a healthy thyroid function, this full English alternative is packed full of Selenium.
- Calories: 647
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 43g
- Fat: 51g
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Portobello mushrooms – x4
- Chipolata sausages – x4
- Bacon lardons – 50g
- Grated cheddar cheese – 50g
- Eggs – 5
- Asparagus tips – 100g
- Butter – 10g
- A sprinkling of salt
- A dash of oil
For the Mushrooms
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Remove the stalk from the mushrooms, and fill with some bacon lardons, 1 chopped up sausage, and the cheese
- Place in a glass dish, drizzle with a little oil and cover with silver foil
- Cook for 25 minutes at 180 degrees
For the Sides
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk until the whites and the yolk are combined
- Add a little milk into the eggs and whisk again until it’s all absorbed
- Heat a frying pan to low/medium heat and add the butter
- Once the pan is warm enough and the butter has melted, pour in the egg mixture
- Stir the eggs continuously to ensure they are light and fluffy
- In another frying pan, place the asparagus with a little butter and cook for 2-3 minutes, shaking regularly, season with a little salt.
This is great breakfast for a weekend morning, if you wanted to add some more flavour, try sprinkling some chilli powder or smoked paprika on into the egg mix for a bit of kick! High in Fibre, and protein and low in calories, this breakfast will set you up for the day!