A Healthy Burger
By Josh McCollum
A healthy burger with avocado, egg and chilli lime. This easy burger recipe is great for a quick bite when friends drop round,
- 500g minced beef
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 green chilli (chopped)
- 20g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Avocado
- 4 eggs
- 100g sliced cheese
- 4 wholegrain stotties (or similar)
For the burgers:
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees
- Chop the green chilli, separate the egg yolk from the egg white and get rid of the whites, and juice the lime.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, using your hands to mix the ingredients together well.
- Quarter the mixture and use your hands to flatten the mince into patties
- Fry the patties on a medium heat, flipping after a couple of minutes until browned on either side.
- Transfer the patties into an ovenproof dish, cover the pan with silver foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through.
Whilst the burgers are cooking:
- Cut the avocado in half and use a spoon to peel it out of the skin, chop into slices and leave to garnish.
- Fry 4 eggs in a pan with a little oil
- Finely slice the cheese, about 2 minutes before the burgers are due to come out put the cheese on and allow to melt.
- Take the burgers out, top with the rest of the ingredients and put them in the wholegrain bun.
Yield: Makes 4 Burgers
SERVE AND ENJOY! Works well with mixed root veg fries or sweet potato wedges.